Unlock your stay more quickly at select Hyatt hotels with Apple Wallet.
We’ve transformed your stay at select Hyatt hotels by simplifying the digital key experience on iPhone and Apple Watch—leveraging Apple Wallet for seamless entry to guest rooms, fitness areas, and other common areas at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts.
As the first hotel brand to offer room key in Apple Wallet on your iPhone and Apple Watch, our new feature complements the Hyatt digital check-in experience, which enables members to personalize their stay from room upgrades and selecting housekeeping preferences, to early check-in and late checkout for elite members and more, all available through the World of Hyatt app.
The convenience of bypassing the front desk and entering your room by simply holding your iPhone or Apple Watch near the door lock means that you have more time for you—and our colleagues can have more time to dedicate to making your stay memorable.
Enjoy these key features
Simply hold your iPhone or Apple Watch near the door lock to access your room or common area. No digging through apps or menus.
You can check in via room key in Apple Wallet, bypassing the front desk and heading straight to your room as soon as it’s available.
Automatic background updates:
If you change rooms or add a few extra nights to your stay, your room key in Apple Wallet automatically updates—so there's no extra work for you and no extra trips to the front desk.
If you’re out late to dinner and your iPhone needs to be charged, you’ll continue to be able to access your hotel room. Your room key in Apple Wallet will work for up to five hours after your device is in need of a charge.
After booking your stay at a hotel that supports room key in Apple Wallet, you can add your room key to Apple Wallet via the World of Hyatt app. Just tap the button that says “Add your room key to Apple Wallet” on your upcoming stay card and follow the steps.
Once your room key has been added to Apple Wallet and you’ve checked in, your room key will automatically activate so that you can securely access your room, the pool, fitness center, and other common spaces without opening an app or unlocking your device. Simply hold your iPhone or Apple Watch against the lock until you hear a click.
When you add a room key to Apple Wallet on your iPhone, it is automatically added to your paired Apple Watch.
For even more details, see the Frequently Asked Questions below.
Participating hotels & resorts
Showing 6 of 39 locations
How do I set up and use a room key in Apple Wallet?
After booking, you can add your room key to Apple Wallet via the World of Hyatt app. Your room key will be activated once you check in and your room is assigned.
To use your room key, simply hold your iPhone or Apple Watch near the door lock until you hear a click. With Express Mode, there’s no need to need to unlock your device or open an app.
How is a room key in Apple Wallet different from other digital keys?
Hyatt’s standard digital key utilizes Bluetooth technology that allows guests to use the World of Hyatt app on their iPhone or Android phone as a digital key.
Your room key in Apple Wallet can be securely used without opening an app or even unlocking your device. If you change rooms or add a few extra nights to your stay, your room key automatically updates in the background — so there's no extra work for you, and no extra trips to the front desk. And if you’re out late to dinner, your room key in Apple Wallet may work for up to five hours after your device needs a charge.
What do I need to use a room key in Apple Wallet?
- An active World of Hyatt membership
- The World of Hyatt app
- A reservation at a Hyatt hotel that supports room keys in Apple Wallet
- A compatible iPhone or Apple Watch
Which iPhones and Apple Watches are compatible?
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus or later, running iOS 15.0 or later
- Apple Watch Series 3 or later, running WatchOS 8.0 or later
Where can I use a room key in Apple Wallet?
In addition to opening your room, your room key can be used in the same areas where you would use a plastic key*:
- In the elevator, to gain access to your room’s floor if required
- To access the pool and fitness center
- To enter through exterior hotel entrances
- To access hotel parking garages
*Room key-enabled access to other areas may differ by hotel.
At what hotels can I use a room key in Apple Wallet?
Hotels that currently support room keys in Apple Wallet are listed below. Hotels are regularly added to this list, so be sure to check for updates before your next stay.
- Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort
- Hyatt Centric Key West Resort & Spa
- Hyatt House Chicago / West Loop-Fulton Market
- Hyatt Regency Long Beach
- Hyatt Place Dallas / Garland / Richardson
- Hyatt Place Fremont / Silicon Valley
- Hyatt House Fishkill / Poughkeepsie
- Hyatt House Los Angeles / LAX / Manhattan Beach
- Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport
- Hyatt Place Lakeland Center
- Hyatt Place Memphis / Primacy Parkway
- Hyatt Place Oklahoma City Airport
- Hyatt Place Mystic
- Hyatt House Branchburg
- Hotel Lincoln
- Hyatt Place Sacramento / Rancho Cordova
- Hyatt Place Richmond / Arboretum
- Hyatt Place Omaha/Downtown-Old Market
- Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Lake Pointe
- Hyatt Place Nashville/Brentwood
- Hyatt Place Denver Airport
- Hyatt Place Boise/Towne Square
- Hyatt Place Dallas-North/by the Galleria
- Hyatt Place Orlando Airport
- Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland
- Hyatt Place Nashville/Opryland
- Hyatt Place Chicago/Itasca
- Hyatt Place Detroit/Utica
- Hyatt Place Indianapolis Airport
- Hyatt Place Nashville/Hendersonville
- Hyatt Place Cincinnati Airport/Florence
- Hyatt Place Atlanta/Norcross/Peachtree
- Hyatt Place Sterling/Dulles Airport-North
- Hyatt Place Charlotte Airport/Tyvola Road
- Hyatt Place Birmingham/Inverness
- Hyatt Place Cleveland/Independence
- Hyatt Place Mt. Laurel
- Hyatt Place Austin / Lake Travis / Four Points
- Hyatt Place San Antonio-North/Stone Oak
Why can I only use a room key in Apple Wallet at some hotels?
How can I tell if I am able to use a room key in Apple Wallet?
How can I add a room key to my Apple Watch?
When you add a room key to Apple Wallet on your iPhone, a room key will automatically be added to Apple Wallet on your paired Apple Watch.
Once added, simply hold your Apple Watch near the door lock until you hear a click.
How will I know when my room key is available?
How does a room key work?
With how many iPhones can I use room key in Apple Wallet?
How many Apple Watches can I use with room key in Apple Wallet?
Can I use a room key in Apple Wallet and a plastic key card?
Can I use room keys in Apple Wallet if I have a reservation for multiple rooms?
What if I have multiple stays at a hotel?
What if multiple people are staying in one room?
Can I still access my room if my iPhone needs to be recharged?
What if my iPhone or Apple Watch is lost or stolen?
If you think your iPhone or Apple Watch is lost or stolen, you can use iCloud.com or the Find My app on another Apple device to keep your room key information safe.
If you need a new room key, please visit the front desk.