Introducing Off-peak and Peak point redemption for free nights.
More to know
- If you had a reservation for a night that changed to Off-peak on October 26, 2021, we refunded the point difference. If it went to Peak, we didn’t charge any additional points.
- Points + Cash also offers Off-peak and Peak point redemption. You can save 50% of the points required for a free night and 50-70% off the Standard Rate.
- Free nights in suites are also offered at Off-peak and Peak redemption.
- You’ll have plenty of time to plan ahead. Redemption rates for free nights will be announced as soon as nights are available for reservations (usually 13 months in advance). A new online calendar will help you plan (coming soon).
- Hotel award categories aren’t changing — there are still eight.
What is the Peak, Standard and Off-peak award night point requirement structure?
It determines the number of points required from a member to redeem for an award night. We now have three point requirement levels per award night (low/Off-peak, Standard and high/Peak). This is true of all types of award nights, including free nights in a standard room, club-access room, or suite, as well as standard-room and suite Points + Cash awards.
Point requirements for redeeming an award is reduced in Off-peak time periods and increased in Peak time periods. Standard time period point requirements have not changed.
How did the point requirements change?
As always, Standard redemption point requirements start at 5,000 points for a free night in a standard room. Off-peak standard room free nights are new and start at 3,500 points. Peak standard room free nights are also new and are no more than 5,000 points above the Standard point requirements.
When did the new point requirement structure go into effect?
Off-peak and Peak were introduced October 26, 2021 for reservations for stays March 1, 2022 and beyond. This means that free night reservations are at Standard rates through February 2022.
Are the new points requirements set on a day-by-day basis?
Yes, each day available for award night redemption is designated as either Peak, Standard or Off-peak.
How are Peak, Standard and Off-peak days determined?
They are determined based on demand.
How many days each year will be set to Peak and Off-peak?
The majority of days will be set to Standard each year.
When this new point requirement went into effect on October 26, 2021, were existing reservations updated?
All existing award reservations that were designated as Off-peak will receive an automatic adjustment to the new reduced point requirement and an automatic refund of the point difference. All other reservations remain as originally booked with no change to the required points.
If a member changes dates of an existing reservation after the new structure goes into effect, will the new point requirement apply?
Yes, if dates change the new point requirement will apply.
Is Points + Cash impacted?
Yes, Points + Cash now has three options: Peak, Standard and Off-peak. Each option will remain 50% of the points required for a free night.